Iowa Loan and Grant Funding for Railroad Infrastructure Projects Iowa Loan and Grant Funding for Railroad Infrastructure Projects
The Iowa Transportation Commission this week approved $6.3 million in funding for six railroad infrastructure and related railroad development projects under the Railroad Revolving Loan and Grant Program (RRLG). ).
The projects are expected to support the creation and maintenance of 109 jobs within three years of project completion.
The funding targets projects in three categories: targeted job creation, rail network improvement, and rail port planning and development.
Three projects that will receive both loans and grants:
- Alta, Iowa (Buena Vista County) soybean grinding plant
- Floyd Valley Transload (Woodbury County)
- IceCap Cold Storage (Pottawattamie County)
A project will receive funding in the form of a loan:
- CP Unit Train Expansion Phase 5 (Clayton County)
Two projects will receive a grant:
- Booneville North Transshipment Facility (Dallas County)
- Pacific Junction South Industrial Park Transshipment Facility (Mills County)
Read more articles on state funding.
For brief updates and comments, please follow me on Twitter @davidclesterRTS.